Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Greens

I am getting ready to attend the PAAC show which will be held at the Saks Gallery in Denver - I will post the information about the show tomorrow.

The painting above was painted at the ranch.  It was late afternoon , quite a beautiful day (no bugs). I painted this on heavy illustration board that has been coated with shellac.  I love the way this surface works - nice drag yet you can put the paint down without it sliding around.  The painting below was painted just earlier that the one above. I stood in the same spot for both paintings and just looked at different views.  It saves the work of having to move the easel around. Just call me the lazy painter...
Well more on the PAAC show tomorrow.

4 comments:

eldon warren said...

Hey! Nice stuff!! Are these pieces in the show? I'd love to see them for real! See ya tomorrow.
EW

Susan McCullough said...

Hi Eldon- no these paintings arren't in the show.. can't wait to see you and catch up!

The Creative Artista said...

You're a really good artist. I wish I could just take the time to go outside and sit down in the grass and paint. I do a lot of painting myself, but it's mostly portaits and abstract art. Please have a look at my blog and let me know what you think. (it's just new though, and I haven't posted much yet)
Maria

Susan McCullough said...

Hi Maria- I will definitely take a look at your site. I just like to paint outside because of the challenge that nature presents to me-- I'm sure you feel that way about both portraits and abstracts- everything is a challenge- but their are certain subjects that each artist finds that fits their true calling...