Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tangled Trees at Sunset

Now that we are in the between Fall/beautful color stage and the winter/beautiful snow stage, I find it hard to be inspired at the ranch.  So, I have decided to try to paint in the late afternoon and try to get the sunset colors of the landscape.  Most of the trees at the ranch are knarled and just plain messy.  This is a desert after all and they only get water when it rains,( not very often), snows or floods by the river.  In other words- they have had an extremely rough life.  I tried to get this down as quickly as I could but sunsets are just quick-- soon I was standing in the dark and everything had changed quite drastically.  It was kind of like being at a party and leaning over to tie your shoe and standing up to see that you are the only one left in the room.  I will try some more late afternoon paintings over there soon.

No comments: