Friday, April 24, 2009

Small Caboose

Coni and I decided to go to Alamosa and paint next to the trains, power plant, and cool junk area. We saw this cute little caboose sitting on the tracks and decided to paint it. There was one problem-- a huge fence between us and the caboose making it very hard to get the detail. This is basicallly as much as I could see- so there is not a lot of detail in this painting and it was a trying process for me. When I haven't painting for awhile such as being on a long vacation, I have a difficult time painting plein air for the first few paintings- almost as if the experience of painting is foreign to me. I will be posting small stories about my trip to Spain, Paris and London later. It was a whirlwind trip and was exhausting. But I loved it-more about that later....

No comments: