Sunday, June 29, 2008

Train Station

9x12
Coni invited me to Alamosa to paint with other SLV painters around the train station. I enjoy painting this area in Alamosa as there is alot of activity going on and passengers were ready to load for the trip to La Veta . I haven't taken this ride yet but I've heard that it is very scenic so will have to do that sometime. I started painting this and realized halfway through that I was going to need to bring in either a vehicle of some sort or a figure to achieve the composition that would be necessary to make this a successful painting. A cowboy walked past me so I was primed to paint him as he walked by the spot where I needed him to be. I don't do figures in landscapes so I fussed with it more than I should have- I will have to practice on that.

No comments: