Monday, July 1, 2013

Santa Fe Plein Air

"Clouds Rolling In" - Second place- Plein Air Santa Fe- 2013
Well as I am getting ready for the PAAC paint out at Crested Butte, I thought I would report on the Santa Fe Plein Air event.

It was hot and dry but thoroughly enjoyable.  I think I had so much fun because Peggy Immel and I got to paint together for a week and we stayed at Nancy and Horoshi's beautiful home in Santa Fe.
Besides that, the event was extremely well run and that always makes the trip worthwhile.

I also had fun because I won an award- My painting "Clouds Rolling In" won second place-yay!!

David Montgomery took a picture of me standing in front of my paintings...
Thanks to gary Kim for allowing the Plein Air Painters of New Mexico to sponsor this event from his Gallery on East Alameda Street in Santa Fe- just of few blocks east of the Governors Inn.

Well it's time to get packing for the next trip- I know that Crested Butte will be beautiful- Hubby and I went 4 wheeling through there this last weekend.. thw wildflowers are gorgeous!


No comments: