Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Alamosa Art Walk



County Courthouse
8x10
It was a beautiful day for the Alamosa artwalk- Coni and I were not too sure whether we could trust the weather report that it was supposed to be beautiful so we arrived downtown at about 8:30 and got to work. I picked this view of the Alamosa County Courthouse and got to work.  Problem was, this view required me to stand on the shady side of the street and I about froze! It is a beautiful building and I had fun painting it. We then visited David in his studio....

He is quite fortunate to have a studio overlooking the downtown area in the historic Masonic building.

This little goat was visiting the artwalk as well- what a treat!




Rita Carlucci is basking in the sun while selling her goods.  She also gave us a preview of the new Colorado Sports store about to open.  It's going to be very nice.

2 comments:

eldon said...

Wow!! Sorry you had to stand in the cold. It's amazing what we'll do when inspiration strikes. Nice piece tho. It was worth it I bet.
E

Susan McCullough said...

Yes it was worth it - it's amazing how cold it can be early in the morning even if it is on a nice day. The price we pay......