Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Last Painting from the Zapata paint out


After we painted above the Zapata, Coni, David and I went back to the main ladge.  David decided to go paint the model they had set up and Coni and I chose to stick around the main area. She needed to finish her sunset painting and I decided to paint this scene.  It was difficult as the clouds were dancing around throwing shadows everywhere!  Then after, I had my prep sketch completed the peak was completely obliterated by any sunlight patches that had been present earlier.  I finally waited it out long enough and a few rays fell onto the peak and I was able to finish.  That was it for paintings.  We had a show and tell of plein air equipment the next day ( Wednesday) and it was interesting. Here are pictures of the lake we painted in the morning and of the plein air equipment show the next day....

Here is Coni sketching...


                                    
David is across the small lake.....


Teresa Vito is showing how effortless the z box plein air easel is.  This girl is one of the funniest artists I know.



Here is a picture of demonstrations of plein air equipment- plein air painters can be so very inventive. Janet Phillips, in the white shirt was our host for the event. She and her husband Duke are in charge of the Zapata Ranch - she is great! 

4 comments:

eldon said...

You've a lot of patience. I think I'd just make something up and go find a place to sit. :) Nice piece tho so it must have been worth waiting for those rays to come back.
E

Susan McCullough said...

I was tempted Eldon- When the weather is wild and clouds are swirling around you just hope that sooner or later the sun will peak back through.

Clipping Path Service said...

awesome post! I always love to read your blog post..
thanks for sharing..

Susan McCullough said...

Hi Clipping Path Service- thank you for the comment- I appreciate it!