Saturday, January 9, 2010

January- Rio Grande

It was a muted day with high clouds and not much sun but I felt that it was necessary to try to get out and paint - ANYTHING. Well, this is a view about two miles from my house. The river is frozen over with snow still covering much of it but there are patches of pure ice here and there. I have never painted in this location before and was dragging all of my equipment through the trees- I could see going back as there is a lot of material here- many different elevations.

4 comments:

Coni said...

Sue,
Nice! - Very rich feeling. -C

eldon warren said...

Geez Louise!! I wish I had painted that!! Coni's right, "rich" and as always the brushwork is awesome.
EW

Susan McCullough said...

Thank you guys- you are both very kind.

Eric said...

Your blog is really eye-catching and very good for viewer's, if you want that every people should view your blog daily then submit your blog in blogerzoom.com for advertising and marketing. then see your effort is never wasted and you will enjoy a lot while blogging.