Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Heart and the Eagle

I have been trying to figure out how I will approach a commission in the works- a commission to paint the Heart and the Eagle that is a landmark in the san Luis Valley located on the Sangres. Last night I drove to the east range so that I could get some pics of the Heart and Eagle at sunset--
You can see the landmark on the very right side of the mountain--

Here is a closeup- you can see the eagle in the dark blue- trees and the heart is white


A view from far away- I guess I will have to find out exactly how much of the mountain to portray in this painting. As the sun starting to set the coyotes started howling all around- it always gives me a slight chill- why do the coyotes howl at sunset- does anyone know the answer?



No comments: