Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Near the Dunes

I decided I wanted to get to the backside of the sand dunes and having a lapse of common sense I thought I might be able to pull it off. I had some very old maps and never mind that the whole dune field is off limits to vehicles; I still thought I could get close enough to see the dunes from the back without actually being on national park ground. Of course, there is the Nature Conservancy immediately to the west of the National ground but I was hoping for some cool little road that would go between the Keep off zones and I in fantasy land thought that I could just toodle along and maybe get slightly close to the dunes. Well I didn't accomplish my objective- oh there is a road out there but being "little miss follow the rules all the time person" I chickened out. This is as close as I got- a small mini dune with Mount Blanca in the background.





No comments: