Monday, July 28, 2008

View to Big Meadows

Last Sunday the family and I went to Big Meadows- we decided to go 4 wheeling on trout creek trail- it ends up at Wagon Wheel Gap. We ended up all the way to a nice little gate that kept us from finishing our ride so we turned around and drove back. Jason wanted to fly fish for awhile so I saw my opportunity and jumped at it- I wanted to paint and promised that when they were ready to go I would comply no matter how far along the painting was. Well I got going and in 45 minutes they were ready to go- I tried to finish up as fast as I could and in my haste fell down tore my jeans and ended up with a huge bruise on my knee. No matter how romantic plein air painting sounds -- the reality can be quite different. The painting above will be in the Rio Grande show at South Fork.

No comments: